Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What's Your Quirk?

Pin It Now!
What makes you different? What makes you stand out in a crowd? What are you proud of? What is the one thing that makes you, you?

We all have things about us that make us unique. Maybe it is our personality, the way we dress, the things we enjoy... the list goes on and on. All too often, we are ashamed of the things that make us different, the things that make us special. We are afraid that if we show others what makes us different, we will be labeled an outcast who some how doesn't fit in.

Why do we want to fit in anyway? Doesn't this defeat the whole purpose of being an individual? Is belonging in society really more important than expressing who we really are to those around us.


I have found that people actually respect me more when I am myself. When I show people my true personality, what inspires me, what I enjoy... they appreciate my willingness to stand apart. I am proud of my differences, not ashamed that they don't fit into a majority. This doesn't mean that I can't share enjoyment and activities with others. Part of life is experiencing things with other people that have common interests. But we can't sacrifice our own passions with the fear that they are different, and somehow inferior, to those around us.


So, I encourage you to BE YOURSELF today. Stand up for what you believe in. Be proud of your quirks. Know that God made you to be exactly the way the are... for a reason. He loves you exactly the way he made you. Don't hide.



"What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul?"
Matthew 16:26



Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...