Thursday, April 21, 2011

Positivity.

Pin It Now!
Why is it so hard to be positive in the face of hardship? Why do we turn to negativity as a coping mechanism? Instead of instinctively telling myself- "you're going to ACE that exam," I ultimately fall victim to the thoughts that keep telling me- "it's going to be so much harder than you thought" or "you didn't study enough."

Today is the big day. Exams start. The funny thing is, at this time tomorrow... I will be done. 24 hours from now the majority of my worries and doubts and anxiety will be gone. Why is it that so short of a time can foster such extreme fear and anxiety?

Today- I choose positivity. I studied hard this semester. I paid attention in class. I understand the material. I am intelligent. I can do well on my exams. I WILL do well on my exams.

I choose positivity over weakness. I refuse to believe the negative thoughts that tempt me to doubt myself. I believe in myself and I believe that despite whatever happens, everything will be okay.

My life does not depend on a few exam scores.
Today, I encourage you to choose positivity. Whenever you encounter those negative thoughts- throw them out. Refuse to let them control you. We are often capable of so much more than we give ourselves credit for. Choose to be optimistic.


Back with updates later. :)

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not gaze about, for I am your God. I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness.”
Isaiah 41:10 

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...