Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Peanut Butter Goodness :)

Pin It Now! And... it was another try-that-recipe experiment afternoon!

Here it is, in all its peanut butter glory. (I can honestly call them one of my favorite creations- I have been loving peanut butter lately, it's so filling and delicious)

PEANUT BUTTER BUTTERSCOTCH GOOEY BARS
Recipe adapted from simplyrecipes.com

INGREDIENTS
         1/2 cup sugar
         1/2 cup packed brown sugar
         1/2 cup butter
         1/2 cup peanut butter
         1 egg
         1 1/4 cup flour
         3/4 t baking soda
         1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt


METHOD

1. Beat the butter until creamy, 2 minutes. Add the sugars, beat for 2 more minutes. Mix in the peanut butter and egg. Mix together the dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the sugar butter mixture.
2. Add butterscotch chips, pour into pan and sprinkle with sugar.
3. Bake at 350 for 17-19 minutes. Enjoy!

Today's inspiration is to try something new. Don't be afraid to experiment. There are never any wrong answers in life, only ones that bring you down a different path. I'm going to work on enjoying the simple beauty of life. Challenge yourself today. Be the person you have always wanted to be.
I work all day today- hoping I can come home and enjoy an episode of Pretty Little Liars that I missed last night! Have a great Wednesday!

"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."
Isaiah 41:13

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...