Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Light Has Dawned

Pin It Now!

I've come to the conclusion that my life has recently been consumed with cycles of getting overwhelmed. I over-commit myself and fail to recognize when I need a break. I'm running on empty, but I won't let myself stop to fill up my tank. And of course... I tell myself that something needs to change, that I need to let go of something, that I need to take things a little less seriously... but will I ever really change?

I hope so.

The truth is that I don't know where I am going to find the strength to let go, to relax. I rely on my faith to keep me grounded, but there are so many distractions that often convince us that this 'just isn't enough.'

But, there is a secret that I somehow wish I could learn to embrace. Faith is enough. God doesn't want us to be anyone we're not. He is satisfied with me regardless of whether I fill my schedule with all sorts of 'activities' and resume-builders. In fact, He'd probably appreciate it a little more if I came to realize that these things aren't really important anyway.

I am so blessed to have so many incredible role models in my life that give me an example of letting go of this superficial 'stuff' that can be so confining. I have parents who are proud of everything I do, but who also remind me that they'll love me no matter what. I have friends who are living to enjoy life—something that is extremely hard for me to embrace sometimes, as I often convince myself that enjoyment should always come after more productive things. Lastly, I have a God who will never fail me. I turn to his word and continually find that he asks us to give our lives for Him.

No one is perfect, and no one is expected to be perfect. In fact, I'll be the first to admit that I don't have many answers. That's the point of life, right? Trying to figure it out as we learn about Him along the way...

"Your grace is enough.
Heaven reaching down to us.
Your grace is enough, for me.

I'm covered in your love
Your grace is enough for me."
-- Chris Tomlin

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...