Sunday, April 15, 2012

Application after Application after Application

Pin It Now!

As with most people, I can't stand rejection. If there was one thing I learned after getting many no's (and even getting ignored) during my internship search for this summer, it's that nothing worth fighting for EVER comes easy. I knew what I wanted... a summer in the city, running around as a crazed magazine intern, living life in line with the big city dreams that I've always held close. And yet for months, it seemed far from what would really happen. I doubted, I cried, I got a little emotional... I started believing that I just wasn't what anyone was looking for.

But I still sent in application after application after application..... until I finally got a hook. To say that I actually believe that I'm getting one of my dreams this summer seems so far-fetched. All of the months of waiting and patience paid off, I just still can't believe it.

I'm living in the city. Me.... a girl from Michigan living in NYC. Is this real life?

Sure there may have been days when I really didn't want to send in another application. I got so fed up with being ignored or getting the polite, 'we're just not interested email.' I was ready to quit, and then I got a call. What if I wouldn't have sent it in? At the time, it was just another email... and now it's so much more. It's my chance to make it.

I'm not going to lie and say I'm not terrified. Living in the city all by myself scares me like nothing I've ever done before. And yet, I'm still really proud. Proud that I didn't give up in the face of rejection. Proud that I was strong enough to keep on keeping on. Proud that I'm one step closer to living my dream.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For anyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened."
Matthew 7:7-8

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...