Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 17- Reflection

Pin It Now! It's DAY 17! Check on my progress here: My 31 Day Challenge! :)
I love watching my list slowly shrink as I cross something new off every day.

Today, it's reflection day.
19. Reflect on how lucky I am and what an incredible life I have been blessed with. 
Thursdays are my tough days. I have class straight from 11-5:30 and it gets really long and dull by the end. So in an effort to fight the monotonous drone of the long day, and the extreme chill that's taken the air (but really, is it winter already?), I decided to brighten it up by thinking about how truly lucky and blessed I am.

So what are a few things that make me lucky?
1. I am surrounded by the most incredible family I could ask for. My parents are my motivating role models- I do everything I can to live up to what they have given me. My siblings make me laugh and realize the contrasting importance of honesty, argument, and love. My grandparents continue to shower me with love and pride, and I couldn't ask for a better set of individuals to see God's love and devotion in.

2. Through sometimes it may seem like a miracle- I ended up with friendships that will most definitely last my whole lifetime. I have friends from high school, who thankfully aren't too far away, that I rely on for emotional and spiritual support. I have college friends who I rely on to keep me sane, have fun with, and unload my stress on.


3. I am going to one of the best universities in the entire world. Hands down. The opportunities and doors that have been opened to me are beyond compare. I am so thankful and lucky to be in such a great environment with so many bright, motivated, and diverse individuals.

4. I live in a house with 50 other incredible women- an experience that has been interesting, to say the least, but also so rewarding. I have been so blessed to see my ministry grow to reach a lot of girls this year, and I can't wait to take over 7 of them on a mission trip with me this spring! :)

5. People truly care about me and want me to succeed. There's nothing greater than feeling that you're loved and supported.

6. I don't have to worry about where I'm going to sleep tonight, what I'm going to eat for dinner, or whether or not I have a home to go back to. I take advantage of these things everyday.

7. I'm loved, and I've found and experienced the direct love of Jesus Christ.

Take some time to reflect today- I ensure you it's actually very eye-opening. You start to realize how lucky most of us truly are. What makes you lucky? Do you have a lucky charm?

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...