Friday, July 15, 2011

Double Life

Pin It Now!
Two apologies!
1.      I am sorry I have been letting my posts slip by the wayside the last couple weeks; my summer is a lot busier than I originally anticipated. I am trying to get back on it… inspired if you should call it that J.
2.     I lost ALL MY PHOTOS from my previous posts! Such a heartbreak- all the cool, artsy, emotional quotes and photos are all gone from the blog! I got a new Google account and mistakenly deleted the album of pictures inked to my blog… not thinking the two were linked! I definitely learned my lesson. Technology trumped me this time!

Anyway, a quick LIFE update-
I am working a TON- but saving up quite a bit of money for school in the fall. It’s worth it to be doing something productive and enriching with my time- I love interacting with customers at Noodles and hearing about how much they love our food! I am also writing a TON! I am doing a lot of online work for www.collegegloss.com and am also submitting an application for a fall virtual internship- stay tuned, I will give you more updates if it happens for me! I am also still working with Women’s Lifestyle Magazine downtown- managing their events calendar and working with them on a few spotlight articles! I have to say- it feels good to be published! J

Other than that- SUMMER IS FLYING BY?!? Can you believe it is mid-July already??

Now onto a little food for thought… tonight my mom and I went to see a movie about a teenage girl who is mistaken for a celebrity. Obviously, the celebrity is not as sincere and caring as the ‘normal’ teenage girl, but she gets to live the lifestyle of the rich and famous for a few days… and it got me wondering- how often do I feel like I am living in someone else’s body? Why is it so hard to be myself 100% of the time and let people in to see the real me?

www.tumblr.com
Is it because I am scared to be vulnerable?
Is it because I equate opening up with getting hurt?
Am I scared that being myself will make me look weak?

WHY can’t I just be comfortable in my own skin?

We all struggle with what it means to be ourselves… and believe me, we are constantly trying to figure it out. I wonder if we ever get there- if we ever truly understand who we are as an individual? I encourage you to channel your inner personality.

Let yourself shine form the inside out this week. Everyone you know and love will appreciate and love the real you. Relax, just be you.

“But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”
1 Samuel 16:7

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...