Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Makeshift Cookies

Pin It Now! It was BAKED GOOD DAY on Day 16!

Yum :)

8. Deliver a baked good to someone having a rough day.


I love baking, and being at school I hardly ever get the chance to step in the kitchen! So tonight, a best friend and I walked over to a friend's house and made chocolate chip cookies. There is just something about a warm cookie right out of the oven that makes your heart melt. I'm not sure if he was actually having a bad day, but I do know that a little time with good friends, a tiny kitchen, chocolate and a few laughs really push the pressure and stress aside for at least a little while.

There's just something so beautiful about baking for someone else. The fact that you put love, time and care into something for another person- there's just nothing quite like it. And a little chocolate will never hurt anyone. :)

Okay, so the tiny (easy bake-esque) oven didn't make for extremely gourmet cookies, but I am sure the boys still appreciated them- my guy friends from home will do anything to have girls bake for them.

I'm making good progress! I can't believe we are over half-way to December! The time is flying by. Pretty soon, it will be Christmas break and I will be half-way done with the school year :)

What do you bake to make all your troubles go away? What's your favorite indulgence?

""But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."
1 Corinthians 2:9

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Meaghan! I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog! I'm also a college student studying journalism, so it's always nice to have another person to relate to... Even if I'm a MSU fan!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...