Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Can the hardest person to trust be ourselves?

Pin It Now! Let's face it... we live in a very selfish world. Counting how many times each day I use the word "I," how many times I put my needs above others, or how many times I ignore other people in pursuit of living "my own life" is really scary. I challenge you, keep a notebook around for an entire day and just count them up- I wouldn't be surprised if most of our numbers were close (and extremely high). 


But selfishness isn't today's theme. Why, if we are so obsessed with pleasing ourselves, is it so hard to trust ourselves? Why do I constantly find myself evaluating every decision, every move I make, every conversation I have... judging what kind of person I am versus what kind of person I "should" be?
I love this picture and quote for a few reasons.
1. It is simple- simply learn to trust yourself and you will know how to live. Can it really be that easy?
2. I love spelling out the word trust in individual blocks, making it seem like trusting yourself is an equation- and a hard one at that.


Now is confession time. I am my worst critic. I expect the most out of myself, and quite honestly, I am disappointed when I fail to live up to my own expectations. I think the same is true for most of us- we don't trust ourselves enough to love and accept who we are (yes, even our supposed "flaws") to believe that we are beautiful and trustworthy, JUST THE WAY WE ARE. So today, I encourage you to overlook those voices that lead to doubt. I encourage you to trust yourself- trust that you are special, you are your own person, and through your flaws... you are perfect.


"But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation."
Psalm 13:5


Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...