Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The HEART of it all.

Pin It Now! Don't you wish it was that easy? If you could simply follow a sign like the one above to make decisions, to understand that your deepest desires are already inside you (you simply have to allow yourself to admit them). 
 I consider myself a guarded individual. I put up walls and have a hard time letting them go. It takes me a long time to trust in my relationships (not the people themselves- I am actually one of the most gullible people you will ever meet). It takes me a long time to believe that people are in a relationship "long-term." I second-guess everything, constantly evaluating my decisions and actions, my thoughts and beliefs. But what if I could learn to let that all go- and simply listen to the pull of my heart strings when forced to make decisions?


What do I mean by "pull of my heart strings?" Yes... I realize it is a very cliche phrase, but it seems to do justice for today's theme. Is it a physical feeling (the idea that you can feel something in your stomach or mind that is propelling you forward), is it a preconceived notion that you  have already established- based on who you are as a person, or is it simply picking the idea that comes to mind first (the one that seems most obvious)? 
I think the answer is different for everyone. For me, I think it is being okay with making a decision because it simply feels good. All too often, I try to make the right decision, the smart decision. Don't get me wrong- it has gotten me far in life, but is this truly the path to happiness? 


So today's encouragement is to break away from the idea that your decisions and actions should be considered right or intelligent. Believe that your heart ultimately knows what's best- and that your heart will lead you to a fulfilling life. Let go, it's going to be okay.


"Trust in the Lord, and do good;
dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness.
Delight yourself in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:3-4


Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...