Sunday, January 23, 2011

Even Michelangelo Works Hard

Pin It Now!
"If you knew how much work went into it, you wouldn't call it genius."
Michelangelo

I love this quote for a few reasons. Firstly, nothing great is ever achieved without hard work. Secondly, although we praise Michelangelo as a true artistic genius, it is nice to know that even he had to work extremely hard for his success. Too often, we think that successful people are simply "lucky," and that those people achieve great feats by being who they are. Not true. Anyone who has ever achieved something great has worked hard for it... hands down.


I hope you are as inspired by this picture as I am. Even though I am not a huge sports person, the emotion, the happiness, the sense of total accomplishment, the joy... it almost gives me shivers. I use this picture and the quote above to inspire you to work hard. If you want something in life, be active, seek it out, make it happen. YOU CAN DO IT. And believe me, it IS worth it. The feeling after you have accomplished a life goal is exhilarating, thrilling and incredibly fulfilling. So work hard, sweat, be proud of all that you are capable of. I believe in you.

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...