Sunday, January 30, 2011

Family Love Away From Home

Pin It Now!
There is something about being with FAMILY that is so incredibly beautiful. There is no need for deep conversation, planned activities, or gourmet meals... simply being with them is more than enough.



Family is something truly special. When I am around my family, I don't feel pressure to be someone I'm not, I feel like I belong, and I feel genuinely loved and appreciated. It is a place and a relationship unlike any other human relationship known to man. This weekend I got to see my MOM and SISTER. Being with them is like hanging out with my best friends. My mom and I can talk about anything, I can always count on her to make me feel like the most special daughter in the entire world. She is my role model, best friend, and the most incredible mom I could EVER ask for. I honestly don't know what I would do without her.

Being away at school, family time is something extremely rare (besides phone and text conversation of course). Being away from home has truly shown me how much I need my family, how much I depend on them, and how important they are in my life. I would be nothing without them. So when I do get time with my family, I try to laugh, smile, and just appreciate being with them. I am so blessed.

Take advantage of the time you have with your family. Use time apart to grow in relationship with them. Realize that you CAN depend on them.. realize that they are your best friends and the people that will love you until the absolute end. Realize that they will do anything for you. Love them each and every day like it is the last. And... don't be afraid to shed a tear when they pull away from the curb outside your dorm room. They will be back... :)

"We love because he first loved us."
1 John 4:19

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...