Thursday, January 20, 2011

How Blessed Am I?

Pin It Now! It is human nature to focus on everything in our lives that tends to go wrong and to take advantage of everything that goes right. We often overlook the positive things in life and choose to dwell on the negative. 
If only I could have a little more money... If only I could be a little happier... If only I could get better grades... If only my house was a little bigger... If only I had a few more friends... 


The phrase If only can truly kill our sense of thankfulness.
Today, instead of focusing on what I don't have, I am going to acknowledge and appreciate all that I do have. I am going to be grateful for all that I take for granted.
To be completely honest... my blessings jar is probably overflowing. 
I attend one of the best educational universities in the country.
I have the most incredible group of family and friends supporting me. 
I have experienced love, joy, and happiness.
I have all the material possessions I need... and more.
I have a solid relationship with Jesus Christ.
I have people in my life who push me to succeed and to be the best person I can be.
I am highly motivated and goal-driven, by the grace of God.
I know that despite the bad things in life... everything will be okay in the end.
I have a place to call HOME.


Whoa. I have it all. Why do I constantly find myself wanting more.. wanting something else that I don't have, believing that it could potentially make my life that much better?
The answer is easy... because everyone else does it too. We all follow each other, believing that we need possessions simply because "everyone else has them."


I encourage you to list your blessings... yes, actually write them down. My list could be ten times larger, and probably keeps growing each and every day. Take a moment to ask yourself...


How blessed am I? When you really ask yourself, I am sure you will find out that your life is actually pretty great.


“And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” 
Philippians 4:19


Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...