Sunday, January 9, 2011

It's all in a day's work.

Pin It Now!
To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.
-Donald Laird

Waking up at 5:30 am on a sunday morning, not my ideal way to spend a weekend. That's why when my alarm went off this morning, I was less than enthusiastic to leave my warm, inviting bed. To be honest, I wasn't thrilled to be spending my day with a group of 12 year-old volleyball girls (as cute as they may be). 

When I got there, after a mug full of coffee, I was feeling a little better. The girls were all decked out in their jerseys, warm-ups, and hair ribbons, and their smiles and excitement actually warmed my heart. For some, it was their first volleyball tournament. Thinking back to my first tournament, I realize how big of a deal it actually was. Watching them take the court, come to the middle and scream (1,2,3 TEAM), and celebrating after their third game 16-14 victory, they inspired today's inspiration theme as the power of teamwork.

Teamwork is such an important part of daily life. We work in teams, play sports in teams, and have to coordinate activities with others constantly. Working in teams can also be challenging, especially when you are like me and consider yourself to be somewhat of a control freak. So, after watching my volleyball team celebrate together, as a team, I pledge to do better. I pledge to let people in, to trust others, and to appreciate that teamwork may in fact make my life easier.

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...