Thursday, February 17, 2011

Attack of the NERVES!

Pin It Now!
On the verge of a nervous breakdown? Stressed over something that is beyond your control? Have something hanging over your head that threatens to destroy your entire existence?

Enter STATS 250 Exam 1. Thursday, February 17 2011. 6 p.m. 1210 CHEM Building. (The question of why I am taking a stats exam in a chemistry lecture hall stresses me out already?!)

I am usually great at taking tests. I hardly ever get nervous, I even love the thrill of silence, pencil and paper, and the search for correct answers. Yes, I know actually enjoying tests makes me rather strange... But I do actually like them. Tonight is my first REAL college math exam, and despite the fact that I feel like I am well-prepared for it, I still feel nervous. I feel like so much more is riding on this one test score than what it really means. 

So I remind myself... It's only a test. My life is not defined by tests and grades. (Believe me, that's hard for me to admit.)

If you are stressed about something, I have several calming tips for you.
1. Simply focus on breathing. Close your eyes and focus on deep, long inhales and exhales.
2. Sit in silence for a little while. Put the technology away and focus on just being quiet.
3. Take a moment to list your good qualities, the things that you are good at, the things that make you successful. A little pump of self-confidence can go a long way.
4. Remember that you are totally in CONTROL of your nerves. If you don't want to be nervous, remind yourself of why you are nervous in the first place.
5. Enjoy some good food. Whether it be chocolate, coffee, junk food... I don't care what they say, comfort food is NOT a myth.
Be kind to yourself. You deserve peace. Take a breath, it's all going to be okay.

"Those who love me, I will deliver; I will protect those who know my name. When they call to me, I will answer them; I will be with them in trouble, I will rescue them and honor them. With long life I will satisfy them, and show them my salvation. "
Psalm 91:14-16

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...