Saturday, February 26, 2011

Coffee and Cookies.

Pin It Now!
Coffee and cookies. Two of the greatest "c" words in the English language.

What makes me happy? My favorite things... coffee and cookies. I have to admit I have become quite the coffee addict since going away to college. Hey, it can't be that bad for you right- everyone has to have their own vice... I also have a love affair with cookies (sugar, shortbread,snickerdoodle, and my mom's homemade oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip). Although I am not a huge chocolate fan... I do love my mom's chocolate chip cookies- and I find it quite difficult to enjoy any other ones simply cause they fail to compare.
Don't your favorite things have a way of making you feel so good- especially when you enjoy them at home around the people you love. Good company makes everything 10 times better. There is something about our favorites that make them comforting, healing almost.

What are your faves? Do they make you feel as good as a nice, hot cookie makes me feel? (Yes, they are that much better hot- I usually warm mine up in the microwave). I encourage you to spend a whole day surrounded by your favorite things. Enjoy them and soak them in. Revel in the good feelings they bring about. Acknowledge that they are worth whatever sacrifice or cost they may entail. 

Everyone has their own favorites. Think about yours. What does it take to make you happy? And after you figure it out, go treat yourself... and then go bake some cookies. :)

"No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and He will not let you be tempted beyond your strength, but with the temptation will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it." 1 Corinthians 10:13

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...