Saturday, February 5, 2011

Let Your Hair Down

Pin It Now! Are you afraid to let your hair down? Are you afraid to act like a complete fool just because it's fun? Are you dying to forget about what everyone else thinks- but just can't? One of my biggest faults is that I am always worried about keeping my reputation perfectly clean and respectable. I expect so much of myself... near perfection. I have trouble accepting the fact that I don't have to behave perfectly 100% of the time. The truth is, a little fun never hurts anyone. There is a little room to be someone completely different, to drop my inhibitions, and to enjoy the moment. 


Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying to go absolutely crazy either. A certain amount of restraint is perfectly acceptable, and necessary most of the time. But don't let that constraint define your life and who you are as a person. When all is said and done.. you want those moments to look back on that make you smile, the moments that make you say "why would I have EVER done that," the moments that make you realize there is more to life than work and stress. 


Let your hair down. Breathe in and try something new. Laugh until your abs hurt. Appreciate good times, good friends, and this extremely good life. Realize that God made us to enjoy his presence, to appreciate his many blessings, and to live in a way that exudes his joy and wonder. God desires nothing more than your happiness. Now, go out and get it.


"Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work—this is a gift of God."
Ecclesiastes 5:19


Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...