Friday, February 4, 2011

What YOU can do.

Pin It Now!

I am only one person. What difference can I make?
Ultimately, each of us is only one person in a HUGE world. It's hard to believe that anything we do as individuals will make any significant difference in the world. But if we all thought this way, we would never get anywhere. So what takes an individual dream to societal change?


The answer lies in we. It's not what you or I do that is going to make a difference, it is what we do together. Teamwork is one of the most important aspects of human life. We work in teams, we play sports in teams, we learn in teams, we organize into teams. Everything revolves around learning to work with other people. And in the end, if we are able to work together effectively... that's what makes us successful.


If you are like me... you absolutely HATE team projects. Don't get me wrong, I love working with people and around other people, but I have trouble with a little thing called trust. I have trouble letting other people take responsibility, believing that I can only be successful if/when I control everything. (It tends to correlate closely with a little thing called perfectionism-which is a completely different topic, saved for a later date). I am getting better. I am gradually learning to trust those around me, learning to let other people take some of the work and not fearing that they are simply incapable.
So that is my challenge for you... If you are one of those people who always has to be in control, I urge you to let go. Don't be afraid something won't turn out right because it's not in your hands. Trust those around you. Learning to trust is not easy.. but it is extremely rewarding.


"The fear of man brings a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe.” 
Proverbs 29:25


Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...