Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Beauty of French.

Pin It Now!
I will be the first to say that I am firm believer in the value of learning to speak spanish. Not only are there many spanish speakers in the US, but it opens doors in Europe, Latin America, South America, and even Asia. Although my love of the spanish language has only grown since coming to school, my sister continues to argue that French is simply 'more beautiful.'

Although I was hesitant to put my sister's french status update into google translate, I was glad once I figured out what it meant. Her status read: 

Voici mon secret. Il est très simple. On ne voit bien qu’avec le coeur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Translation: Here's my secret. It is very simple. One sees clearly only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eye. Pure poetry right? All the sudden, it was okay to admit that her French inspiration would contribute to my blog post for today. There is something so interesting, so beautiful about foreign languages. That's why I love them so much- translating is almost like a puzzle, like a secret to be unlocked.

I am one of those people who doesn't do anything without thinking it through first. I am obsessed with what my mind tells me is right- and sometimes fail to acknowledge that my heart is telling me something entirely different. Sometimes, following our heart can be scary. It can mean completely opening up, allowing yourself to be vulnerable in times of uncertainty. It can mean opening yourself up to heartbreak. But it can also lead to the happiest and most joyful feelings and events in life- things that your mind can't even bring you close to. So today, I encourage you to follow your heart... and trust that God knows what best for you and makes his will agree with the deep desires of your heart.

Trust your heart. Trust in the Lord. Trust yourself.

"Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:3

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...