Wednesday, March 23, 2011

CRAVING.

Pin It Now!
What do you CRAVE? What makes your heart skip a beat? What makes your heart smile, your stomach happy, or our soul fulfilled?

It's got to be strawberry shortcake.

Although I am not much of a 'sweets' person, I LOVE STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE, especially my mom's strawberry shortcake. There is something so special about enjoying good food with the people you love- something about being with family makes it so much sweeter and so much more enjoyable. What exactly is a craving and why do we have them- I have absolutely no idea. If I knew, I would probably be more successful at staying away from the dining hall sugar cookies. :) 

What do you crave in life? Do you give in to your cravings all the time- or do you save them for special occasions? 

Whatever your craving may be, I encourage you to give in every once and while. Acknowledge that it is good for your soul, a healthy indulgence, something that makes you extremely happy and content. I encourage you to enjoy your cravings, savor them like you are protecting them from an unseen enemy. 

I am trying this new thing where I develop my craving for God. I am learning to depend more and more- learning that I cannot possibly live without him. I truly need him for my life to be complete. I need him for my life to be worth anything, for that matter. Do you crave a relationship with the Lord? It is only when we are desperate for him that we fully appreciate his presence in our lives.

Be desperate for him.

"You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
Psalm 73: 24-26

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan O'Connor

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...