Thursday, March 24, 2011

Children, Smiles, and Superman

Pin It Now!
It's no secret that cancer is an awful disease. It claims the lives of so many innocent, beautiful, joyful, spiritual, and young people across the globe. Have you ever thought- "It will never be me. I will never have cancer... that's someone else's disease." I will be honest, that's kind of what I tell myself. I am fortunate enough to live a healthy, cancer-free life... but that doesn't say anything for 25 years from now. I bet this kid didn't wake up one morning and say... I think I want to be diagnosed with childhood cancer today- how fun?!?

Look at his smile.
Feel his positive attitude.
Appreciate his 'thumbs up.'
Notice that he is wearing a Superman t-shirt.

Isn't he just a normal little boy? Sadly, he is diagnosed with childhood cancer, like so many others across the world. They do nothing to deserve it- they are simply unlucky. I thank the Lord everyday for the health of me and my loved ones... I know that going through something like cancer can literally tear a family apart.

The point of today's post is to show how brave you can be in the face of an extremely disappointing/difficult/unfair situation. If you are experiencing cancer somewhere in your life right now- I pray for you and for healing. I pray that you and your loved ones can stay strong- I pray that you can fight. Most of all, I pray that you never give up. Even when everything seems to be falling apart- smile, give a big thumbs-up, and pretend you are superman. You are capable of anything. You can beat any disease. Trust in the Lord, he will deliver.

"It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed."
Deuteronomy 31:8

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...