Thursday, March 10, 2011

In an Emotional Rut

Pin It Now!
The past couple days have been hard. Have you ever been 'stuck' in an emotional rut? Why can't I shake this feeling of discontentment?
What's really wrong- what is keeping me from living freely?

My answer to those of you who find yourself at the bottom- with no way out- is this... THERE IS A WAY OUT! All you have to do is climb a little bit. I understand that climbing a wall that seems unsurmountable does not sound appealing. Believe me, we all look for the easy way out. But the truth when it comes to our emotions is that there is no easy way out. There is no way to put your emotions aside and simply 'get better.'

Last night, on top of intense boredom, I felt like I was at the bottom. There wasn't a specific reason... I just didn't feel like myself. Everything changed when I talked to a few good friends (don't good friends cure everything?)They encouraged me to take a step back, to take some 'me' time. To me, taking 'me' time means being lazy and forgetting about other work that needs to be done. But taking just an hour last night to step back, to take a breather... I realized that I rarely take that time to myself. I am constantly going, going, going... and it takes a toll on me mentally.

So, I took an hour before bed to be alone with my bible. It is truly incredible how God speaks to us through the bible verses that we flip to. I read a story about a woman named Hannah who had to be patient. She desperately wanted a child, but the Lord wanted her to wait. Eventually after years of waiting and relying on the Lord, she had multiple children. Oh, the joys of God's fulfillment. I learned from that story that it is okay to wait- that there are great things planned for my future... I just have to be patient.

Be patient today. God created patience as a way to teach us that the great things in life are worth waiting for.

A cute picture for rejuvenation...


"Those who were well fed are now starving, and those who were staving are now full. The childless woman now has seven children, and the woman with many children wastes away."
1 Samuel 2:5

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...