Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Looking Back on LIFE.

Pin It Now!
How often do you look back on your life? Are you one of those nostalgic people who loves to reminisce? Do you enjoy looking through old pictures and smiling when you think about the things that made you laugh, made you smile, and made you cry?


What have been some of the most special moments in your life? What people have made a difference in your life? What has gotten you to where you are now? What events in your past played a significant role in shaping who you are today?

I love thinking about some of my greatest memories:
1. The day I truly realized that I wanted God in my life and that I was willing to give my heart to him forever (Timberwolf Lake- Young Life Camp 2007).
2. High School Graduation- Celebrating with people I love, while also looking forward to exciting things to come. 
3. Family vacations- Nothing better than Caribbean cruises and Rosemary Beach with the fam.
4. The day I moved into my dorm, freshman year at U of M. (Such crazy feelings of independence, life, thankfulness, anxiety, fear, and excitement).
5. Finding the Young Life community- the organization and the people I have met have been such an incredibly important part of my life and spiritual growth.

I love thinking about these memories... I am not going to lie, some of them even make me tear up a little bit. It is so cool to know that thinking about events in the past can make me so emotional. Although we are encouraged to look to the future (and often not to focus on the past), the events, people, and memories we have made in life describe who we are.

Take a few minutes to recognize who you have become through events in your past, and be thankful for all the great memories. :)

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change."
James 1:17

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...