Sunday, April 24, 2011

BACK!

Pin It Now!
I'm back!! I decided to take a break the last few days... life has been pretty hectic (in a good way of course)! Here's a quick update- 
Friday: moved out of freshman dorms for good (can't believe the year went that fast). 
Saturday: Summer job-hunting and watching my incredible sister play college volleyball. 
Sunday: Easter- a perfect day with the family (church, home-cooked meal, ice cream, drive around the neighborhood with the sister, walk with my mom, and pizza time tonight, couldn't have been better). It's days like these where I realize how I truly couldn't live without my family by my side. I am so luck to be surrounded by such incredible people and role models.

Anyway- on to the real point of my blog, my daily inspiration...


There is something so beautiful about the promise of easter. Not only does it remind us of God's eternal love and Jesus' ultimate sacrifice... but the day itself just reminds us that there is something more. There has got to be something more than this beautifully broken life. There has got to be something great waiting beyond Earth. 

God is that greatness. 

I think it is easiest for me to see God's beauty and love in the faces and joy of the people I love. I look down at my sisters in church and smile at our inside jokes. I am overjoyed when my brother agrees to wear a cute, dressy polo to church that I picked out for him. I love to hear my family laugh and talk and chat and just love each other. Isn't that what life is all about? Love and laughter and joy and happiness?

Why can't everyday be as beautiful as easter? Sure, I know Easter is a holiday, but why can't we have a part of it every day? Today,  I pledge to make everyday a small part of easter. I pledge to see the beauty in small moments, in the eyes of my family, and in the arms of people I love.

I hope you had a great, relaxing Easter sunday and I encourage you to carry that feeling with you every day. God isn't only by our side today-- he is there every single days of our lives.

"Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die."
John 11:25-26

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...