Monday, April 25, 2011

New Time Slot.

Pin It Now!
So it seems like it may work better for me to update right before the clock strikes midnight this summer. It's actually the time where my head starts spinning and I drive myself crazy thinking about random, troubling, inspiring happenings in life-- and it helps to get all these crazy thoughts out before bed... so here's to a new writing time for summer 2011!

Today got my thinking about expectations.
We all have expectations for our lives. Whether they be career oriented, education, family life, or spiritual... we all expect our lives to turn out a certain way. And let's be honest, we are a little upset when things don't go as planned.

Okay- if I am being completely honest- I get freaked out when things go awry. Something about deviating from a safe, predictable plan really scares me. I find comfort in having my future planned out- knowing what is going to happen next. There's only one problem. 99.99% of the time, life doesn't happen exactly as planned. We are forced to 'go with the flow' (some of the hardest words in my vocabulary) and take a step outside normality. So today, I encourage you to do whatever you can to be comfortable with 'going with the flow,' in fact, I encourage you to purposefully step our of the flow. 

You may find it exciting, challenging, thrilling, emotional...
you may hate it, you may love it.

I promise you it will be worth it. Although we build these expectations for life (eating well, exercising, reading more, begin happy, volunteering, relaxing, worrying less, thinking positively), to say they will happen 100% of the time is pretty unrealistic.

Instead- I encourage you to strive to live a good life, free from expectations. Live to seek beauty, to treasure relationships, and to grow as an individual. Let go of the thoughts and emotions tying you down-- FLY FREE.

"We have escaped like a bird out of the fowler's snare; the snare has been broken, and we have escaped."
Psalm 124:7

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...