Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Days Like Today.

Pin It Now!
It's days like today where I truly believe that life is good.


Life is good when:

I get to be around people I love.
I get to talk to close friends in other cities.
I get to accept a summer internship at a Grand Rapids Magazine.
I realize that I won't have to study for tests for four months after tomorrow.
Everything around me seems to be going well, my loved ones are healthy, and I have nothing to complain about.

It is times like these that I take for granted. It is so easy for me to miss to beauty of goodness is life when things are going well. Today, I realize that I am so blessed with how my life is turning out. I could not be more thankful for the people, relationships, and opportunities that have opened up for me.

Why is it so hard for us to be thankful when things are going well? I think it is because we expect things to work out a certain way. When we pray, we expect that God will gradually 'check off' our life to-do list. We are discouraged when something veers off course, or when someone hurts you in an unexpected way. I encourage you to let go of those expectations, and instead... just be grateful for how your life has played out.

We truly do have a lot to be thankful for.

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but one of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control."
2 Timothy 1:7

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...