Monday, May 9, 2011

Miles Apart.

Pin It Now!
Isn't it crazy how we can grow so close to people even when we are far apart? What is it about distance that makes the heart grow fonder?
I am not going to say my friendships are perfect. I am not the perfect best friend. I do not give 110% to strengthen all my relationships... yet there are people in my life that I don't always need to be in contact with- yet, the friendship just still works. I am so thankful for friends. I am so thankful that I can keep friends over distance and time. It's a rare, beautiful thing.

It's the people in my life that I can laugh with over coffee. It's the people in my life who can 'catch me up' on their lives over brunch. It's the people in my life 
who know me best... 
who have seen me in my most awkward moments... 
who appreciate my quirks...
who believe in my beauty...
who love me exactly the way I am...
that I am most thankful for.

College is hard. For the first time, I left the people I have known and loved for over ten years. I left the comfort of the familiar for something completely unknown. I left my friends in search of others who could somehow fill an empty void. (And for someone who considers making new friends kind of a challenge, believe me... college was like the awkward first day of kindergarten all over again). 

It's strange to think of the place I am at right now. I am blessed enough to have great friends in my life- in two places. I am still in touch with a few of my closest friends from high school (who I know I couldn't live without), and being apart for such a long time may have just made us closer. I also have new college friends... who I had to say goodbye to for a whole summer. The most awkward part of the situation- the two groups don't really collide. So where do I find myself now?

I guess I am in some sort of limbo. But in spite of this limbo- I am going to be extremely thankful for the friends God has blessed me with. How did I get so lucky to have such incredible people in my life?

Thank you all. You have made life worth living.

"There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends."
John 15:13

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...