Sunday, May 1, 2011

Thanks For The Memories

Pin It Now!
I cannot even believe I I have finished my first year of college. It is almost unthinkable- do I really only have 3 years left of undergrad? Can I even imagine a life without schoolwork, tests, homework, papers, and exams?

Absolutely not.

Today- I thought about how important it is to revisit some of the most important parts of life. To remember what we went through, what we learned, what challenged us, and what made us better people.

This past year at U of M has been the most important, significant, and challenging period of my life. 

I wouldn't trade any minute of it. Here's a little of what I learned...

Making friends isn't always easy- but pushing yourself outside your comfort zone to let new people in is 100% worth it.

Studying doesn't always mean memorizing exactly what a professor tells you.

My success at school is completely up to me.

School isn't all about what I can learn in textbooks.


It is just as important to be involved with other people/activities on campus as it is to get good grades.


The people you meet in college can/will change your life.


Being independent is scary... but so much fun. :)


It's okay to let my hair down and relax.


A successful night can mean dancing with my sisters and gossiping about cute boys or staying in and watching Hulu re-runs.


I'm really picky when it comes to boys/relationships (a blessing and a curse?).


What have you learned the past year? What have you found out about yourself? What has pushed you/pulled you/tempted you-- and how have you risen to the occassion?

"Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord."

Psalm 27:14

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...