One of the hardest things for me to do in life is let go. I have a hard time accepting the fact that I can't control every aspect of my life. I have a hard time admitting that life doesn't have to be perfect... in fact,
it's the combination of imperfections in life that make it so beautiful.
Why is this? Why do so many broken and disfigured things in life fit together to make something so beautiful? I think it's because beauty is unexpected- when broken things fit, even though you don't expect them to... something about the pair is perfect. Perfect because the combination defies the odds. Perfect because the combination transforms the ordinary.
So what am I learning to let go? I am learning to let go of the fear of not being good enough.
I am learning that I don't have to be 'good enough'- whatever I am is already perfect through my imperfections. How is that for a beautiful contradiction?
I went to my first Yoga lesson today- Hot Yoga! Here's a quick synopsis:
1. It was hott- I mean really hott.
2. I didn't know my body could produce that much sweat in such a short period of time.
3. It gave a me an incredible chance to reflect and sort through some random internal thoughts.
4. It allowed me to realize that I constantly tell myself that I am never good enough- that I will never be able to 'live up' to those around me.
5. It was truly a great hour of stimulating exercise and relaxation.
You know how they say you never regret exercise after you do it- completely true. So today in Yoga, I learned that I need to tackle my fear of imperfection- I need to learn to let go.
And then, I came home and played with the puppy.. a photo for your enjoyment.
What do you need to let go in life? What is holding you back?
"For God is not a God of disorder, but of peace."
1 Corinthians 14:33