Saturday, August 6, 2011

Moving!

Pin It Now! Do you ever feel like you get so caught up in life that everything just seems to happen- without you even taking a moment to let it sink in or appreciate it?

Welcome to Summer 2011.
Summer has come… summer is going… and soon enough (3 weeks from today)… summer will have gone. Scary thought to think that time can fly that way, isn’t it?

Here’s what I have been up to this summer- not an excuse to my lazy blog-posting schedule, but more an inspiration to pick it back up!

June   
We took a family trip to Orlando for my sister Paige’s national volleyball tournament. Can you say hott and humid? Hid in the air conditioning for the majority of the trip…


We welcomed a NEW PUPPY to the family. For more on Addie, visit her tribute page here.


I got a job at Noodles and Co. and started working like a mad woman!


Started my position as a Women’s Lifestyle Magazine Intern- putting together the online and print events calendar. See more on the magazine here.


Started writing weekly articles for College Gloss online magazine, browse some of my work here.

July
Fourth of July at the lake with the family… some of my best memories come from time at the cottage. Wouldn’t trade a minute of family time for anything.

Visited one of my best friends and sisters in CHICAGO for the weekend. It was so fun to shop, catch up, and spend time together… just what we both needed.







Babysat my cousins for a full day- so fun to be ‘mom’ for the day.

Reunion dinner with a few sisters from West Michigan at On The Border… Mexican food and good friends, what’s better?

August
Still to come… My last day at work for the summer- August 23rd, only a few short weeks away!

MOVE IN to Alpha Chi Omega in Ann Arbor- August 27th. Is it really happening? Am I really about to live with 55 other college women? Here goes nothing….

Wow, that feels great. To actually take time to reflect on all that has happened this summer makes me realize how blessed I am and how many doors have been opened for me. Sometimes I think we all need to pause to look back at our lives. How can we look forward without appreciating where we’ve been?

In other, news- my sister is a new employee at Noodles & Co. Yay for working with family. So proud of her. J Tomorrow… Sunday, my favorite day to relax, go to church, and spend time with the people I love.

I encourage you to reflect. Where have you been? Where are you going?

Me, I’m going to bed.

“Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.”
Psalm 51:12

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...