Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 14- Listen In

Pin It Now!

And another day down- can you believe that we are already two weeks into November? Where has the time gone? Fall always seems to go by in the blink of an eye... one second it's September and the next second we're seeing commercials for 25 Days of Christmas on ABC Family?

Anyway- today's challenge met!
5. Actually listen to my friends' problems.

Sometimes it's so hard for me to put my own troubles and stress aside to simply listen to someone else and let them unload on me. I tend to think about all of my own problems and then get bogged down in a never-ending cycle of selfishness. So today I decided that I was not going to be the most important part of my day- someone else was.

Listening is a lot easier said than done. Do you ever catch yourself drifting in and out of conversations? It's so easy to get distracted and almost dismiss what the other person is saying to you. Listening is a conscious effort- it takes work, practice, and a willingness to care about and invest in others.

I encourage you to listen to someone else today. And when I say listen, I mean really listen. Go all in. Eye contact, comments, body language... everything. Show them that you are entirely committed to the conversation and that there is no place else you'd rather be. You'd be surprised how big of a difference you can actually make.

Show them that they matter.

In the spirit of the rain- "Ask the Lord for rain in the spring, for he makes the storm cloud. And he will send showers of rain so every field becomes a lush pasture."
Zechariah 10:1

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...