Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 13- Got it, it's gone.

Pin It Now! And the 31 Day Challenge continues!
Today, in the spirit of my favorite day of the week- I made sure to make plans to go to church. In fact, I made plans with a good friend.
30. Invite someone to church or YoungLife.
I took one of my friends and sorority sisters with me to church this morning, and was so happy to hear how much she enjoyed it and how much she got from the message. It makes me so happy to think that I'm making a difference here. I'm helping people along, and through that process my faith has grown in leaps and bounds. I've challenged myself... and forced myself to step up.

I've been going to this new place in Ann Arbor for a few months now.. and I actually really like the church, the message, the music, and the community of such awesome people. It makes me really excited to get out of bed every weekend.

Weird for a college kid, I know.
Anyway, the sermon was all about humility. It was so great to be reminded that everything I do is all in God's image. He blessed me with all my strengths and talents, and often times I forget that I'm not the one solely responsible for all that I have accomplished and have yet to acoomplish.

It's nice to have a reminder to give thanks and gratitude.

Humility is a funny thing. The quote in the photo is one of my favorites... it's one of those things you look at and read and think "oh yea, that makes sense." And then you want to hit yourself for being proud of the fact that you've been humble.

Oh, the beauty of contradictions.
The lesson for today is this- being humble isn't about telling yourself that you're not special and talented, its about learning how you can bless others with the talent you have.
It's about making the most out of what God intended for you to be.

"But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”
James 4:6

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...