Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 12- So Many Leaves.

Pin It Now!

Whew- Work Day 2011. In the spirit of working towards my Spring Break mission trip to the Dominican Republic, I spent the day working at various houses around Ann Arbor doing yard and house work. It was a long day... let me tell you.

But here it is- Day 12! :) I'm almost half way there. November is going by in the blink of an eye.
4. Volunteer my time for someone other than myself.

I woke up early this morning and met a really nice older lady from Ann Arbor First Presbyterian Church. She was extremely talkative and drove me to her home just south of campus in her light yellow bug :) I ended up raking leaves in her front lawn for close to three hours- can you say arm work (it feels like i spent the morning lifting weights!). She made me some coffee, and it was actually really interesting listening to bits and pieces of her life story.

Listening to her made me realize how truly interesting people are, and how we really don't get the opportunity to talk to many people like that.

I think she really enjoyed my morning company, and my help- so for that I am thankful.
I spent the rest of the afternoon at another lady's house, doing more yard work, light cleaning, furniture moving, and gutter cleaning.

If this is what it's like to have your own house- maybe I'll hold off for a few more years. :)

Moral of the story today- it felt so good to give back and to lend a hand to people who can use my young energy and flexibility. I loved being needed and helping others. All in all, such a rewarding day.

Now- nap time before I babysit later tonight :) Wish me luck!

"Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God."
Hebrews 13:16

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...