Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 11- The Beauty of Forgiveness

Pin It Now! DAY 11-
Actually, its 11-11-11 to be exact? Cool, right? Did you make a wish at 11:11?
I missed it. Woops.

Today's post was hard. I hate fighting. I hate getting in disagreements with my friends and family, but the truth is... sometimes, really good things come out of bad situations. So here it is-

24. Forgive someone and move on from disagreement.

I got in a fight with one of my good friends yesterday. I guess things just built up to the point where something needed to be said, and we needed to confront each other about what we were upset about. I'm not going to lie. Hurting people like that to their face is really hard.
But sometimes it's even harder to say I'm sorry.

Sometimes we are too stubborn to realize that all we really need to do is apologize, forgive, and let go. I wish all solutions were that easy. The truth is, there is a lot of power in forgiveness. There is a lot of power in understanding where the other person is coming from or how they feel.

I love this picture because it makes me think that forgiveness is somehow organic and natural. It makes me think that we are supposed to live to forgive and accept apologies. It makes me believe that solutions are much simpler than we make them out to be.

Thankfully, all is forgiven. And even better- things seem to be better than before our fight. It turns out that letting off a little steam is really what both of us needed.

Is there someone you would love to apologize to or forgive? Maybe it's yourself. If you're anything like me, you already expect way too much out of yourself.

Relax. Apologize. Forgive.

"And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."
Mark 11:25


Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...