Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 3- Smile City

Pin It Now! It's DAY 3! Woohoo! :)
And today I decided to... 6. Smile at everyone I see walking to class.
This morning, I decided to take on the challenge of continually smiling at everyone I saw walking to class.
It was so much harder than I had anticipated.
I had to keep reminding myself as I walked out of class to put a smile on.
Sometimes is felt awkward and forced. I got a few strange and confused looks. But the takeaway was...
After 'forcing myself' to walk around campus smiling all day, I realized that smiling actually made me happier. It put me in a better mood, and I started to look forward to walking to/from class. I loved when people looked up at me and smiled in return. I loved the fact that people probably got a positive first-impression of me.
While I was hopefully helping others, I started helping myself.

It's so great to feel positive. I can't even put a finger on it. I just feel so much better, and the little things that usually annoy me just seem to drift away. I'm more relaxed, more uplifting and so much happier.

Have you smiled today? I encourage you to try it. Force yourself to smile at strangers and people you pass on the sidewalk. It's actually really fun—I promise :)

"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6
Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...