Monday, March 26, 2012

Learning to Conquer

Pin It Now!

Sometimes we break. We fall to pressure, denial, grief, stress... and we tell ourselves we're only human. As your typical perfectionist and over-achiever, I'm one of those people who takes everything way too seriously. I'm one of those people who holds everything in until I reach a breaking point.

I refuse to let myself struggle. Refuse to let myself fear. Refuse to let myself fail.

And yet isn't it through suffering and failure that we learn most about ourselves? I can honestly say that everything worthwhile in my life has come through struggle and pain. Sure the journey may not have been easy... but the things I've gone through along the way continue to tell me to forget about the small stuff.

In the next few weeks, I'm going to work on overcoming the fear to fail. I'm going to work on accepting myself for who I am, and not who I think I should be living up to.

Because all that I am is always enough... and all that you are is always enough.

They say you sometimes learn the most from the people you love. And I believe that to be true. I am so blessed with friends and family who continue to teach me great things. My mom teaches me to slow down and enjoy, not to get caught up in the things that stress me out. My best friends teach me how to smile... how to relax... how to take advantage of the small things, the little moments.

So today, I'm sitting back and enjoying a nice long cup of coffee. Exams, papers, commitments can wait for a few minutes... I'm taking care of myself. And learning how to love the woman God intended me to be.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds."
James 1-2

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...