Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bound By Love

Pin It Now!

For some reasons, LOVE tends to be a common theme on my blog.

So many of us are lucky enough to be loved by incredible family and friends.
Some of us have the love of a romantic partner.
All of us have the love of Jesus Christ.

Sometimes I think that in life's craziness (the 'mess' as I have heard it referred to before), I forget the magnitude and incredible nature of eternal love. So many things in our lives are temporary, static... they only change when we tell them to or when someone else does. As with most people I know, I get lonely. I sink into my own little personal 'bubble' and convince myself that the only person I can really trust is myself. I get so caught up in living my life, that I forget life is going on all around me, despite me, with me, for me. And I convince myself that I'm incapable of receiving love... that the only person I can love is myself.

I'm one of those insecure people who is convinced that love won't come knocking for a long time. But in that insecurity, I also know that when it does come knocking it will be beyond my greatest expectations. For hours I can talk about love and patience and waiting for love, but what am I really waiting for?

God loves me all day, every day. No need for waiting.  His love is here to stay.
Sure I can say these profound, general and inspiring statements. But is it really that easy to understand? We've heard these things since we were too young to remember, but how do we live them in everyday life? How do we apply them to situations and relationships that may need mending?

I love the image of binding Christ's love on the tablet of our heart. If I had to guess, I'd say that this means learning how to radiate, to exude, and to emit God's love in everything we say and do. Be an inspiration for others, a guidepost to wandering souls, a simple helping hand... there are no bounds.

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...