Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year... New You?

Pin It Now! One of my pet peeves at the beginning of each new year is the abundance of diet ads, exercise equipment in stores, increased pressure to start a gym membership, and an emphasis on losing weight. Don't get me wrong... exercising and a healthy lifestyle are really important, especially in the wake of our American obesity epidemic. But the ads, the products, everything diet this-diet that, the pressure to lose weight, it all stresses me out. As someone who has struggled with body image and self-acceptance (along with the majority of teenage girls worldwide), this kind of pressure just reminds us once again that society "defines" what we should look like. So my message today is meant to counteract this pressure, to remind myself and women everywhere...
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. 
Everyone needs a reminder. Wether you are confident and outgoing, or shy and unsure... everyone feels this pressure. I wish there were more reminders out there, telling me that looking in the mirror doesn't define me. Telling me that God created me with intention... and he believes with all his heart that I am his beautiful creation. I am his. 

Next time that shadow of dangerous doubt creeps in... push it out with everything you have, and remind yourself... YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. 
“Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty that depends on fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should be known for the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.”
1 Peter 3:3-4

Peace. Love. Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...