Sunday, January 2, 2011

"You Want Something, Go Get It. Period."

Pin It Now! I consider myself a sucker for inspirational movies. One of my absolute favorites is The Pursuit of Happyness. Although no one can argue that Will Smith is one of the best actors to date, his son Jaden does an incredible job in this movie as well. This scene has to be the most inspiring moment in the entire film. Will looks at his son as he puts his most prized possession in a grocery bag and tells him that anything is possible. He tells him not to let anyone tell him that he can't do something. 




Dream big. 


Something about that image is so powerful for me. Sure, as a kid I was told that my dreams are the most important thing. Go after your dreams, you can do anything you want, the future is up to you. We raise our children with this mantra in mind... hoping they understand that hard work truly can lead to success.
At the start of the new year, I find myself in the middle of my freshman year at The University of Michigan. I have to be honest, my future still seems like it's a million miles away. And to be realistic... it's not. Although I have dreams of becoming a big-time magazine editor in Chicago or NYC, I have doubts about how I am going to get there. Does it take more than a lucky break? How am I, an average young middle-class woman, going to achieve my dream?


The answer: I have absolutely NO idea. But I think that's okay, it can be more fun that way. I am going to keep going regardless,keep pushing for my dream, keep defending myself against those thoughts that keep saying... you can't do it, you aren't special enough, you aren't smart enough, it's not for you. Because deep down, I know that my dreams are possible. Anything is possible


Peace. Love. Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...