Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Be a Green Apple.

Pin It Now! I LOVE apples. Specifically, I love granny smith apples. They are fresh, healthy, beautiful, and natural. So, today's post is going to focus on a metaphor involving apples... why not? Think of the world as an apple orchard. There are many different varieties, but each type seems to have it's own tree, it's own environment, it's own group where it belongs

We often think of ourselves as associating with a certain group of people, and we are often scared to step outside that group. We are scared to be different. We don't want to be the granny smith in the midst of red apples. 

But what's so wrong with being different? The truth is, absolutely nothing. In fact, being different is what sets you apart, what makes you special. Embrace the difference, it will make you appreciate who God made you to be and why you are the way you are. Look the picture at the top of the post... isn't the green in the midst of red interesting? I think it's beautiful. It is something that we don't normally see.

So why not dare to be different? Why not step outside your comfort zone and embrace who you really are? If we are scared to be ourselves, we often hide behind a wall of self-doubt, and try to simply "fit in" with those around us. Be different.

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me… For when I am weak, then I am strong." 
2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...