Sunday, February 13, 2011

What's Controlling You?

Pin It Now!
Are you afraid- afraid of love, of relationships, of devotion, of letting go, of being yourself?
I think we are all afraid.

I am always afraid that I am not good enough. I am always afraid of failing to live up to expectations. I am always afraid of being insignificant. I judge myself based on what I accomplish, what I contribute, and what I am worth. But can I really judge what I am worth based on earthly matters? What is this judgement really doing to my life? Answer: it's tearing me apart. 
What are you afraid of? 

It's hard to let go of those fears. Once they enter your life, they seem to grab hold and never let go. They drag you down, make you second-guess yourself and your decisions, and make you evaluate and criticize who you are as a person. But I have good news: In the Lord's eyes... you ARE GOOD ENOUGH. You are his son/daughter, you are beautiful, and you are his creation. Sure, that doesn't mean we have to be perfect (and by no means are ANY of us perfect). But it means that God sees beauty in our imperfections. How great is a love that values imperfection- it's invaluable.

I encourage you to let go of your fear and self-doubt telling you that you are never good enough. Take a breath, trust the Lord, and believe that you ARE good enough. Through your imperfections and flaws, you are perfect.
"Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."
1 Peter 3:4

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...