Saturday, March 19, 2011

Are You Confident?

Pin It Now!
Do you struggle with self-confidence? Do you question your strengths and abilities? Are you your own worst critic?
Today I encourage you to embrace a sense of self-confidence. Believe that you can do anything, that you are on top of the world with your arms wide open... Believe me, it will make a world of a difference.
I often question how incredible God made me. I let others tear me down, believe the lies I convince myself, and am extremely sensitive to what others believe and think about me. Although I am not proud of it, I often do what I can to 'please' others. Many times, I would much rather change myself to suit others' interests than to stick up for my own beliefs and character traits. It's hard for me to believe that my own opinions are just as important than anyone else's.

Since coming to college, things have changed. I am starting to learn more about who I am and what I believe in, and I am starting to put faith and confidence in my actions and emotions. I am learning to trust myself more, to believe that I am beautiful, confident, smart, and faithful. I believe in the the relationship I have with God, and I can truly see the ways he is working in my life. For that, I am eternally grateful.

Do you question yourself? Do you struggle to see the ways in which God made you special and unique? Don't worry- struggle is part of everyone's life... just use that struggle as a way to learn, to grow, and to develop who you are as a person. 

Here is the take-away from today: YOU ARE SPECIAL. YOU ARE CONFIDENT. YOU WERE INTENTIONALLY MADE.


"How precious to me are your thoughts,God! 
   How vast is the sum of them!Were I to count them, 
   they would outnumber the grains of sand— 
   when I awake, I am still with you."
Psalm 139:17-18

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...