Sunday, March 27, 2011

Great WEEKEND.

Pin It Now!
I am so thankful for community. I am thankful for rest and relaxation. I am thankful for fun, friends, and great conversation. I am thankful for insightful thinking and a time to get away. I am thankful for worship. I am thankful for such an incredible weekend.

I had such an incredible weekend. I missed yesterday's post was because I spent the weekend at the beautiful Timberwolf Lake Camp in Lake City, Michigan- about 3 hours north of Ann Arbor. I love being able to get away from my hectic life in Ann Arbor (I do LOVE it, but it can be overwhelming at times). I went to the camp for a younglife college 'spring' retreat- although spring consisted of piles of snow, heavy winter jackets, and LOTS of coffee. :)

I loved the weekend because I got to spend time with great people, focus on my relationship with God, and truly grow as a Christian. I always love coming back from retreats, I tend to be on such a spiritual high. There is something so awesome about being surrounded by a community of people who all believe in the incredible power of God's love. I love seeing God's love in the faces of those around me, and I love living God's love through conversation, and I love talking about how truly awesome God's love is in our daily lives. Another reason I love retreats is because I get to hear about how God is working in other people's lives. Although I do love journaling and thinking about my own walk with God, there is comfort in knowing that other people think about the same things, go through the same challenges, and are 'in the spiritual journey with me.' 

I encourage you to find a community who you truly connect with. It is awesome to be around people who share similar morals, similar concerns, and similar values. Community is such a blessing- God puts other people in our lives to show us that WE ARE NEVER ALONE. He is there alongside us every day... and he wants us to live out his glory with the people he put in our lives.

You are never alone. You are loved. You are invaluable. 

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
Revelation 21:4

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...