What's your idea of a perfect day? Would you be surrounded by friends and family, or would you enjoy quiet solitude? Would you be relaxing with a good book, or doing something daring and dangerous?
Here is my perfect day.
1. Get up around 9 am (early enough to enjoy the beauty of the morning, but just enough sleep to feel really well-rested).
2. Have a cup of coffee (okay maybe a few), a blueberry bagel with butter, and some fresh strawberries for breakfast- while watching the Today Show.
3. Take a walk while the sun is still rising, before the hustle and bustle of commuters.
4. Take a nice, long shower and get dressed (in my favorite sweatshirt and yoga pants).
5. Spend a little time with my bible/and or my favorite book.
6. Watch some great quality television drama (gossip girl, the bachelor, 90210, pretty little liars).
7. Have a nice lunch at Panera (chicken noodle soup, fuji apple chicken salad with a whole wheat baguette).
8. Spend some time at the mall (specifically in J. Crew, American Eagle, Fossil, Forever 21, The Gap, and Macy's).
9. Head over to Barnes and Noble and check out the bestsellers and new releases. While there, spend some time flipping through some gossip mags.
10. Have a nice cup of coffee/latte/vanilla steamer from Starbucks.
11. Take another walk- preferably with a good friend and some good conversation.
12. Dinner time- Noodles and Co. (Bangkok Curry with shrimp and a ciabatta roll). :)
13. Movie on the couch in my living room (a good chick flick, Dear John, The Last Song, She's The Man, etc.)
14. Turn in early! I am definitely not a night owl.
I hope you enjoyed living my perfect day.. and to be honest, I try to incorporate one of these things into my schedule every day. I think it brings a little bit of perfection into reality.
What does your perfect day look like? I encourage you to list out the activities that make you smile. And then, do your best to try incorporate at least one into your life every day. Living to serve others and succeed is great, but pursuing personal happiness is just as essential some times.
"It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness."