Monday, March 14, 2011

YOU are valuable.

Pin It Now!
Before you read this post... focus on yourself. Think about who you are, what you believe in, what is important to you, what you stand for, and what you value in life. Today is all about YOU.


It is so important that we take time in life to take care of ourselves and to give ourselves compliments. All to often, I get caught in the trap of comparing myself to others, measuring my strengths and accomplishments in terms of what those around me are capable of achieving. This is not only unfair to myself, but it can be mentally exhausting and threatening. When we define ourselves solely by believing we are different (and often less) successful than others, we fail to acknowledge how truly special and talented we are.

Give yourself a few compliments- I know, it can be hard... I tend to focus on what I need to improve far more than what I do well. Today, don't be afraid to brag about your strengths. Here, I will go first: It's not that scary, I promise. :)

1. I love to help others and be a role model for those around me.
2. I am confident in who I am and what I believe.
3. I am pretty intelligent and value my education and knowledge.
4. I love my family and friends unconditionally.
5. I have a good heart, with genuine intentions.
6. I never stop giving my all- exhausting, but generally a good quality I guess.

Make a list of 5 or 6 things that you are extremely proud of. I am sure your list could go on forever- but truly acknowledge what you  value most about yourself.

Aren't you a great person? Doesn't it feel great to give yourself a 'pat on the back' every once and a while? Stop comparing yourself to others- you are your own unique, incredible, beautiful, and valuable person. 

"Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows."
Luke 12:7

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...