Monday, April 11, 2011

Alone Time.

Pin It Now!
I admit that I am one of those people who loves alone time. I love to spend time being quiet, thinking about who I am and what I want in life, away from the pressure of other people and relationships. I love just sitting in solitude. Isn't it relaxing? If you haven't tried it... try spending 5 minutes today just sitting quietly, it will do wonders for your stress level I promise.

Because I like to spend time a significant amount of time being alone... I 
occasionally get to the point where being alone seems to consume me. I start to think that being alone all the time is natural: CAUTION- it is a great thing to have positive relationships and to be around people. The important part that I am still learning is how to balance the two.
Yes, it is important to have alone time... but we need to accept that being around others and having friendships is a great part of life! Relationships help us grow, give us people to count on, and help us cope with hard situations. Knowing that there are people that care about us... people that are interested in our lives makes life so much more comforting.

When I start to go into a period of 'extended solitude' I get a little lonely (sometimes without even noticing). I miss talking with people, laughing, and experiencing life with others by my side. I sometimes start to think that I am alone. But then I am reminded that I am NEVER alone. I have incredible people in life that will never leave my side. I owe everything to my family and friends for being there for me all these years.

I am not ALONE. You are not alone. God will never leave your side.

"Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...