Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Who To Inspire?

Pin It Now!
I'll let you in on a secret--- I am always scared that people won't agree with what I have to say. I fear judgment, I fear denial, and I fear questioning. When I started this blog... I wasn't sure how much I wanted to share, how much I wanted to put myself out there. I am naturally a quiet person, and I do keep a lot of my emotions to myself.

It's hard for me to let others in.

But, I will tell you another secret--- writing these posts forces me to connect with a side of myself that I rarely listen to. It forces me to think about what I want other people to know about me (without having to tell them face to face). It is weird to think that every sentence I write can be seen by anyone in the world, but it is also kind of cool. People can get to know me through my writing without ever actually getting to know me in person. Although I do consider myself an awkward person sometimes, writing feels so completely open and natural. People can read my posts if they want... and maybe it will even help someone out, give them a bright moment in a dark day. 


My initial purpose in starting this blog was to find some inspiring aspect of life every day and report it online for others to see. I wanted it t be an outlet of peace, comfort, and solitude in a world full of everything else. Through writing almost every day, my attitude has changed a little bit. Instead of just searching for inspiration, I try to think about little pieces of advice/messages that might help me think a little more positively about life. I have started to focus on what my writing may actually be doing in people's lives (or at least what I hope it is doing in people's lives).
I hope I am inspiring someone. It doesn't matter who it is or how big of an impact it makes... all that matters is that my writing is reaching someone and that it helps them smile or laugh.

I aim to inspire. I aim to be a source of comfort in the midst of the depressing and dangerous news we are constantly bombarded with. If I have ever inspired you, I am truly grateful. 

Please know...You are my reason for writing. You are special to me.

"Whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God."
1 Corinthians 10:31

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...