Sunday, April 10, 2011

Proving What to Whom?

Pin It Now!
We all do it. We are constantly analyzing how our actions and ways of life are being perceived by those around us. We try to 'live up to' unrealistic expectations, false images of beauty and perfection, and ideals of being a good person.

What happened to just being good enough... exactly the way we are.
Instead, I focus on proving myself and my worth to everyone around me. But what am I trying to prove, and who exactly do I have to prove myself to?
I am plagued by self-doubt. I try to remedy that doubt by proving myself to those around me... and ultimately proving myself to God. But who is anyone else to judge? We are in complete control over our life and over the person we want to be... and when we put our faith in something higher than ourselves we have to learn to trust that being ourselves is good enough.

Grace ensures that we are accepted as ourselves despite what we do. What does that mean? Every good deed done with intentions to make a good impression, every impressive act that you think will build your credibility, every attempt at establishing a good reputation... it is all un-neccesary. We are already loved by grace, we don't need to prove our worth. We were created with the idea that by being ourselves, we will do great things- not that we have to do great things in order to be ourselves.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO PROVE YOURSELF TO ANYONE.
YOU ARE PERFECT IN YOUR IMPERFECTIONS.
DON'T WASTE TIME WISHING YOU WERE SOMETHING YOU ARE NOT- IT IS NOT WORTH THE HEARTBREAK, THE TIME, OR THE ENERGY.


"Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God, and everyone who loves the Father loves whoever has been born of him."
1 John 5:1

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...