Tuesday, April 5, 2011

CRY!

Pin It Now!
Why do we always think that being strong is denying our true emotion? Why do we equate tears with sadness, weakness, and depression? Sometimes, there is no denying that you just have to cry. It is such a great way to release emotion, to remind yourself that you are allowed to feel.. that you are allowed to be weak.

I am one of the first to admit that I LOVE to cry. A great romantic movie, an inspiring athlete, a recovery story in the news... I am an emotional train wreck waiting to happen. But isn't that 'sign of weakness' just a sign that we know that there is something deeper pulling at our heart strings? 

Don't tears take the attention away from ourselves and turn in towards what God is doing in our lives?

I encourage you to not be afraid to cry. Don't consider it weakness, don't run away from your emotions, don't deny your soul from letting go. It is in times of weakness and stress that we truly realize what makes us strong. Take advantage of the times you feel weak and worthless, and them remember that you are NEVER weak and worthless in God's eyes.

You are always loved.
One of my favorite quotes of all time: :)

Just thought I would throw that in there... seeing as how I have so many incredible people in my life that I know are in my life for a specific reason. I thank the Lord for leading me to relationships and incredible people. And, I know that I would always feel comfortable sharing a good cry with them. The people in my life help turn my weakness into everlasting strength and growth.

"Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail,but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
Psalm 73: 25-26

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...