Monday, April 18, 2011

Expect the Unexpected.

Pin It Now!
Snow in late April... you have really outdone yourself this time Michigan. Snow... and my summer vacation starts on Friday (sort of). Is this a joke- or is this reality?

I have a hard time expecting the unexpected. I am one of those people who craves routine, who craves simplicity, who craves predictability. It is hard for me to embrace change... to be okay with deviating from the norm. Sometimes, it scares me to do something different than I usually do. The question is- why am I so scared?

I think the unexpected things in life are often the most fun. The trouble is, most of us are so concerned with what is safe- with what we are comfortable with, that we are scared to experience the unexpected. We are too scared to step outside what seems normal.

Today, I encourage you to embrace the unexpected. Try something new. Talk to someone you wouldn't have approached normally. Make someone's day by showing them that you care for them. When an opportunity comes to embrace something different than the norm... JUMP RIGHT IN.


I encourage you today to let go of fear.
Be strong and courageous.
Be independent and beautiful.
Be open to possibility.
Be ready for something you aren't ready for. (Don't you just love paradox.)

"Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let
God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.
Then you will learn to know
God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect."
Romans 12:2 

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...